Metal Detector information about the hand held Garrett Super Scanner includes ordering information and metal detector specifications as well as metal detector information about features and uses of this hand held metal detector.
Order the Garrett Super Scanner
Call toll free to order (877) 653-5647 or (304) 445-2300
We will ship UPS, FedEx or Priority Mail through the US Postal Service. Express Shipping is available. All scanners are insured. You pay actual shipping plus $2.00 handling.
Super Scanner $140
Order Direct by Phone Toll Free (877) 653-5647 or
(304) 445-2300 (US and International Customers)
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Sorry, No CODs. We will ship UPS, FedEx or Priority Mail through the US Postal Service. Express Shipping is available. All scanners are insured. You pay actual shipping plus $2.00 handling.
Metal Detector Information about the World's Standard for Hand-Held Metal Detectors
Features Model # 1165170 with 9v Battery $140
- Detects medium-sized pistol from distance of 9"; large knife, up to 6"; razor blade, 3"; handcuff keys, foil-wrapped drugs, electronic components, tiny jewelry, 1"
- Automatic retuning (no adjustments ever necessary)
- Maximum sensitivity not subject to arbitrary adjustment, although pressure switch permits momentary curtailed sensitivity if ambient metal (i.e., floor rebar)causes interference
- Earphone attachment permits "silent scanning"
- Large scan surfaces for quick and thorough scanning
- Automatic Battery Check
- No tools required to change battery
- High impact ABS case with reinforced coil compartment provides unequalled ruggedness.
Metal Detector Information - Uses
For Airports, Law Enforcement, Schools, Courthouses, Corrections, Loss Prevention
Metal Detector information reveals the proven dependability, ease of operation, and durability of Garrett's Super Scanner. This hand held metal detector is the metal detector most demanded by police and all other security officers. Press a switch and precise automatic circuitry detects every concealed metallic item - knives and guns to handcuff keys, foil-wrapped drugs, and tiny jewelry or electronic components. Large surfaces permit quick and thorough scanning.
Simplicity of operation of this metal detector is unmatched. Because no tuning or other adjustments are ever necessary or even possible, maximum sensitivity of the instrument can never be compromised, either "accidentally" or otherwise. Yet a Reduced Sensitivity mode is available - with a pressure switch - for scanning near rebar floors or other ambient metal. An audible alarm and a visual signal indicate detection of any metal, but an earphone is available is "silent scanning" is desired.
The Super Scanner's 9v battery, included with the detector, stands up to long hours of use. It can be quickly changed without tools. An optional rechargeable battery kit featuring a Ni-MH battery is available.
The Olympic Games demand the best, and the Super Scanner metal detector has been their choice since 1984. Countless thousands of hours of field use have proven the dependability and ease of operation of the Super Scanner. It is rugged and functions with complete safety to wearers of pacemakers or other implanted medical devices. The Super Scanner is engineered and manufactured in the USA.
Metal Detector Information For Sawyers and Sawmill Operators
Save time and money by scanning and denailing lumber and logs. Protect saws and blades and personnel by scanning logs and beams before resawing. The Superscanner metal detector can help you locate nails, metal debris and barbed wire in fenceline trees or reclaimed lumber.
Rugged construction helps the Superscanner metal detector stand up to heavy use.
Super Scanner Specifications
- LED Red Light
- Jack for optional earphone and optional charger
- 3-way Switch (ON, OFF, Momentary Operation)
- Interference Elimination Switch
- Single 9 volt provides up to 80 hours of efficient operation
- Optional NiMH Rechargeable operates efficiently up to 60 hours on each 12-hour recharge
- Limited, 24 months parts and labor
- National Institute of Justice Standard-0602.01 "Hand-Held Metal Detectors for Use in Concealed Weapon and Contraband Detection", Section 4.
Magnetic Recording Media:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: "A Standard of Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure in Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3 kHz to 300 GHz" IEEE C95.1 - 1991 section 4.12.
- Occupational and Safety Health Administration: Radiation Protection Guide, CFR 1910.97 section (2)i.
- National Institute of Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice: Standards for Hand-Held Metal Detectors for use in Weapons Detection, NILECJ-STD-0602.00 (1974).
- Canada Health and Welfare Radiation Protection Bureau Safety Code, RPB-SC-18 section 3.2.2 which addresses the issue of electromagnetic effects on cardiac pacemakers.
- International Commission for Non Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) "Reference levels for general public exposure".
- Extensive research has found no information that would indicate Garrett products have adverse effects on pregnancy or medical implants.
- United States Department of Commerce: "Care and Handling of Computer Magnetic Storage Media", NBS Special Publication 500-101. The peak magnetic field of less than one Gauss will not affect magnetic recording media, including magnetic tape, diskettes and cards.
- EN 55011, EN 50082-1, I-ETS 300 330
Optional accessories for the Garrett Super Scanner metal detector include a rechargeable battery kit, earphone, leather belt loop harness, and belt holder.
Order the Garrett Super Scanner Toll Free (877) 653-5647